Scrip is a fundraising program that allows participants to buy gift cards for hundreds of retailers while benefitting our congregation at virtually no cost to you. No buying gift wrap or food you don’t want; these cards are for retailers, restaurants and gas stations you visit frequently. It’s the fundraising program that works while you shop!
What is Scrip?
Scrip is simply a word that means “substitute money” — in other words, scrip is gift certificates from national and local retailers.
Scrip participating retailers agree to sell gift certificates to ALUUC at a discount. People like you buy the certificates for full face value, redeem them for full face value, and our church keeps the difference as revenue.
The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business, you get a powerful fundraising alternative that involves no selling, and our church gets a regular source of revenue. You earn money for our church without spending a single additional penny.
How to Sign Up for ALUUC’s Scrip Program
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and sign up for an account, using the enrollment for the ALUUC — email Kerri Skrudland at email@example.com for the code, or check the monthly newsletter that you receive via email.
- On the same site, register your bank account with PrestoPay, the only method of payment accepted for our program. PrestoPay can be found by clicking Dashboard, then scrolling down to the bottom where it is listed in the “Your Orders” section.
You will enter the routing and account numbers for your checking account and PrestoPay will make two small deposits in your account. After signing up for PrestoPay, within a day or two your account will show two small deposits from PrestoPay.
- Once you know those totals, you go to the email you receive from PrestoPay, click on the link & identify the amounts. (You can also go to the PrestoPay area described in #2.)
- Notify Kerri Skrudland, our Scrip coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will activate your account.
- Go back to ShopWithScrip.com and make your purchases, being sure to click that you are using PrestoPay to pay, not another method.
- These purchases are held until Kerri authorizes their release — all purchases by all members are released at the same time.
- The scrip gift cards are sent to ALUUC; members then can pick them up and use them.
** If you buy the ScripNow instant downloads or the ReloadNow products, they will be delivered right away. You will not have to wait for our Scrip Coordinator to release your orders.
Please contact Kerri Skrudland at email@example.com or by phone with any questions.